Monday, October 29, 2012

Chicken Tetrazzini


This is it! My fav, favorito, FAVORITE comfort food. Whenever the weather has been cold for too long, or I'm feeling blue or things are super stressful, this, is where I turn. A super creamy chicken and noodle casserole. I know it's a simple dish but somehow it transcends all that and just makes darn near everything better.

Good news! It's quick and easy to fix and will feed a family of 6. Now, for the one little piece of info that some foodies might object to....the sauce is made with canned soup. Oh, for heaven sake, get over it! There's absolutely no shame!!! Yes, I can and do, make a similar casserole entirely from scratch and it's delicious. But guess what, it ain't this pan of lovin' from the oven!


This recipe is at my new site. Hope to see you there :) I've posted a lot of new things.

Here's the home address:  http://www.gonnawantseconds.com/

8 comments:

  1. Yum this looks so delicious!! I haven't had this exact recipe but have had variations of it and it is definitely comfort food!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mamaw made a dish simular to this one called Turketti. It had leftover turkey and cream of mushroom soup. Of course, she made it often after Thanksgiving! I'll have to post it so we can compair! Yours looks and sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooooooh yumm, no white sauce, just a can of condensed soup. !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so over foodies who distain using canned soups in a recipe. I made this for my hubbie and he liked it so much he asked me when I was going to make it again. I am always looking for tasty cassarole recipes, and yours is a keeper. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the simplicity, yet delicousness of this recipe :) Thanks for sharing & can't wait to make!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delish and so easy! Do you taste the sour cream in it though? That may sound crazy but my picky eater HATES sour cream, but if the flavor isn't noticeable he'll eat it. I'd love to make this so hopefully it's not a noticeable flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was the looking for the same and related info, what you describe on your article. And found you through google search. Its helps me a lots and i understood that you are one of skill article writer/ blogger. I have book marked your blog and hope to visit again to learn more. Thanks for your valuable efforts and time.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...