Thursday, August 23, 2012

Southwest Salad


This is the first salad that I ever made that had my kids licking their plates and asking for seconds.  Yes, you heard me correctly, they asked for second of salad.  Now that made me one happy mommy!  Veggies in my kids bellies....that they liked....that they requested!?!  Serious, WOW :)


As you can imagine, it has become a perennial favorite.  I love to serve this when I'm making Mexican Food.  With the yummy Lime Dressing and cilantro the flavors go together perfectly.




4 comments:

  1. I love this seasonal salad! Looks delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so into cilantro right now. Will definitely try this one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful salad. I know I would want seconds too, or maybe third. As much as my kids love desserts, when it comes to lunch and dinner, they love salads way better than meat! I'll definitely give this salad a try and I'm sure it'll be a hit at our dinner table too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it looks vibrant and easy and delicious

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...