Thursday, May 5, 2011

Basil Margarita




Have you seen this wonderful cocktail yet?  Well, I predict it will soon sky rocket to the top of your summer favorites list! I love margaritas and this new twist on an incredible classic is a great way to enjoy them. They have a unique, complex and fabulous flavor that everyone seems to enjoy.  There are a few ways you can prepare them. I like to make them in a blender so the basil becomes pureed.  Remember when you had mojitos a while ago with chopped mint and then flashed a huge smile at your ever lovin friends cuz you were having so much fun! Remember your friends falling off their chairs in hysterical laughter cuz you had 14 lil pieces of chunky mint in your teeth!!!  Okay, so maybe that only happened to me.  Well, friends, fortunately I learned from that experience and now puree my herbs to prevent another party foul that will haunt you-me for the next ten years!  You can also julienne the basil for this margarita if you prefer.(I think we're all safe with  strips of basil)  Whatever you do just don't chop it into little pieces!

This recipe is at my new site. Hope to see you there :) I've posted a lot of new things.

Here's the home address:  http://www.gonnawantseconds.com/


16 comments:

  1. Happy Cinco de Maio
    Very unusual Margarita, must try it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's too funny. I'm always worried I have something in my teeth. Oh well, that's what friends are for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm I love basil. My husband isn't a fan of it but you can catch me mowing it down like a cow when I get a fresh bundle. I have never had it in a margarita but the next time I pick some up I will be sure to try out this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and colorful drink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shot! Cute idea to put it in that jar. I know first hand how delicious these are! What a great way to celebrate the holiday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The place I used to work at had a basil cucumber martini, but this looks even more delish!
    xo-MiniBaker

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucky me, I have fresh basil in the fridge and tomorrow is Happy Hour Friday! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also like the red lip smile after a night of drinking red wine...why doesn't anyone tell us these things:D

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a creative twist on a margarita!

    ReplyDelete
  10. how lovely! basil is one of my favorite herbs, this looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a huge fan of sage margaritas, so I bet I'd love this. I know I love the glass!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I just died and went to heaven. I love basil!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i can't wait to try making these...or maybe another trip down there is needed to be sure you've prefected the recipe!

    think i might just chop the basil when making them at home...love those little green tooth specks:)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh and i love the photo! so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would never in a million years think of this combination, but I am certainly going to try it..

    Tequila is my very favorite food group, after all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...